Frozen 2: A Long Awaited Sequel to Disney’s Biggest Hit

Hanna Hendron, Reporter

The long-awaited sequel to Frozen erupted in theaters on November 22, 2019, six years after Disney’s Frozen came out.

Audiences will be transported back into the Frozen Universe as they watch the adventure unravel. Three years after the first film, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven return for the new journey, which revolves around finding the origin of her powers. Leaving Arendelle, they travel to an ancient, autumn-bound enchanted forest searching for answers to save their kingdom. 

Sophomore Cynthia Matos said, “I’m really looking forward to watching the movie because Frozen is one of my favorite Disney movies. The trailers that were released earlier definitely peaked my interest as well, so I hope to see it soon.”

Excited to have questions answered, Matos said, ‘I’m particularly excited to find out the origin of Elsa’s powers, which I feel will be done spectacularly.”

The original actors from the first film have reprised their roles for the film. That includes Kirsten Bell (Anna), Idina Menzel (Elsa), Jonathan Groff (Kristoff), and Josh Gad (Olaf) as the actors that once again play their beloved characters. New characters will make appearances throughout the film, which means new actors were brought onto the project. New actors include Evan Rachel Wood (Iduna), Jason Ritter (Ryder), and Sterling K. Brown (Mattias). As audiences watch the film unfold, they’ll see characters cross paths, adding unique dynamics to the movie.  

Happy that the original actors are back, Matos said, “If the original actors hadn’t come back, I feel it would’ve tarnished the movie. You may not physically see them, but they give the characters their heart and soul, so without them, the movie wouldn’t be the same.” Anyone interested in the film can travel to their nearest cinema to view Frozen 2