Pantherettes Dance Their Way to Victory in Crown Point

Joseph LaPatra, Reporter

On January 8th, 2022, the GHS Pantherettes competed at Crown Point High School. Preforming in the duet competition was  Madi Worosz and Bella Andriessen. They duo scored an impeccable a 72.6 and placed 2nd in the Senior Duo category. Junior, and Captain Bella Andriessen said, “I believe that there are still things Madi and I can improve in our duet. Some things that can be worked on are perfecting our lifts we have and just our overall appearance on the floor, regarding our connection with each other and the sharpness of our moves.”

The Pantherettes then competed in Jazz and placed 2nd with a score of 69.4. Senior Captain Rylee Reiser said, “In jazz I hope we learn to work together better on the floor and connect with our emotions to strengthen our performance. To challenge Hanover I would say we should work on conditioning to clean up our routines. I also think our energy needs to be put behind winning against Hanover. The Pantherettes finished the day with their Poms routine and took 1st place beating Hanover 70.8-70.6. Junior Captain Madi Worosz said “I feel like we need to improve on our energy throughout the dance by putting in 100% effort every time we run the routine at practice. We can also always be cleaner with our skills and arms in order to improve our score throughout the season.”

Overall the Griffith Pantherettes ended their day at Crown Point High School with solid routines. Their next competition will be held at Munster High School on Saturday, January 22nd.