AP Students Take Mock Exams, Prepare For May Exams

Madalyn Nolan, Editor-in-Chief

Starting in May, all AP students will be taking AP exams in hope to earn college credits. Mock AP exams, taken in late February, allow students in AP English and math courses to get a look into what they will experience in May. Classes such as AP English Literature and Composition, AP English Language, AP Calculus AB and BC, and AP Bio, AP Computer Science, AP Statistics, and AP Chemistry took the exams the week of February 25 until March 1. The mocks, carried out like the real tests, take the full time, and some even lasted the whole day, such as AP English on Tuesday. Students involved in multiple AP classes had a week full of testing, such as senior Christina Li.

“The tests themselves weren’t overwhelming, but having them three days in a row were exhausting,” said Li, who is involved in AP Bio, AP Calculus AB, and AP English Language and Composition. “The mocks gave me a good idea of what the actual tests will be like though.”

Teachers went to to Indianapolis on March 11 to grade partial sections of the free response sections of each test. Some students were able to see what their scores were on the multiple choice options, but will not be able to see their free response grades yet. However, some mock exam grades are not accurate because most courses haven’t covered all of the material needed for the exam yet.