Seniors Gain Powderpuff Title

Victoria Martinez, Reporter

On Tuesday, March 19, Griffith High School hosted the second annual junior and senior boys’ powderpuff volleyball game at 7:00 pm in the main gym. The game was best three games out of five. The senior student section wore white or their senior shirts to support the players. The junior student section wore blue to support their class.
The first set, the seniors held the lead against the juniors, scoring the first few points of the game. The seniors and juniors continued to fight for the win, but the seniors came out victorious with a score of 25-11.
Just like the first set, the seniors came out scoring the first points of the game. The juniors continued to fight back and began scoring some points against their opponent. In the end, the seniors came out victorious once again with 25-21.
As the third set started, the juniors knew they had to put up a tough fight in order to keep the seniors from winning again and ending the game. But once again the seniors came out leading the juniors. They all fought hard to score points for their team. At the end of the set, all the players on each team came out on the court to play. The seniors ended up scoring the last two points they needed with a score of 25-14, winning the game.
“It felt great to win against the juniors. There was some pressure to win since the senior girls had already lost against them,” said senior Tim Lawson.
This was a big win for seniors since they had to redeem themselves from the girls’ powderpuff football loss.