P.S. I Still Love You

Hannah Hendron, Reporter

Netflix garnered success with 2018’s To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, so a sequel went underway in 2019. The continuation of the Netflix rom-com, titled To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You, premiered on Wednesday, February 12.

In regards to the film, sophomore Alice Jin said, “I really fell in love with all of the characters, so this is one of my most anticipated movies. I can’t wait to see the realness of Lara Jean’s and Peter Kavinsky’s relationship.”

The films are book-to-movie adaptations of Jenny Han’s written trilogy. The film specifically is adapted from the second novel, which is a continuation of Lara Jean Covey’s story. Now, Lara Jean and Peter are in an established relationship; however, Lara Jeans is having insecurities because of his previous girlfriend, Gen. When Lara Jean’s younger sister sent the letters out, one was addressed to John Abmbrose, whom she never received anything back to indicate he had gotten the letters. It becomes a shock to Lara Jean when she receives a letter back from him, which sets everything in motion from there. As the story progresses, John Ambrose complicates Lara Jean’s and Peter’s relationship. By the end of the movie, the audience will find out whether or not Lara Jean has found someone new to love. 

After watching the movie, Jin said, “I loved the first movie a little more but I still really enjoyed this one. Personally, I liked the way they went with the story and it actually surprised me. I would recommend watching this one if you liked the first movie. It’s a nice continuation of the story and a fun rom-com to watch with your friends.” 

The majority of the actresses and the actors of the first film reprised their roles as well as some newcomers. At the forefront of the film, Lana Condor (Lara Jean Covey) and Noah Centineo (Peter Kavinsky) continue their main character’s story arcs. Jordan Fisher (John Ambrose) completes the last point in the love triangle. Actresses Anna Cathcart (Kitty Covey), Madeleine Arthur (Christine), and Emilija Baranac (Gen) reprise their side characters’ roles. Besides Jordan Fisher, actresses Holland Taylor (Stormy) and Sarayu Rao (Trina Rothschild) breathe life into new characters. 

Regarding the characters, Jin said, “Stormy quickly became one of my favorite characters so hopefully we’ll see her in the next movie. I think they have selected a perfect cast to bring the characters into reality. I think Jordan Fisher did a great job at making the love triangle conflicting.”

The sequel is now available for streaming on Netflix. Audiences will have to wait for the third film, but luckily it has already finished production.