Spirit Week at the G

Kayla Doctor, Reporter

Spirit week has been a tried and true tradition for many years. Students and staff dress up to show off their school spirit. Many spirit weeks are held throughout the school year, but the first is always during homecoming week. To kick off homecoming week at the G, students participated in the dress up day theme.  Students dressed to impress wearing their best clothes to school. The students looked professional and had fun dressing up for school. Day two continued with pajama day. Always a favorite, students dressed in their favorite comfy clothing. Students were seen wearing pajama pants or unique onesies. USA day took place on day three of spirit week. Students wore red, white, and blue to class. Some even accessorized their outfits with flag related items such as such glasses and headbands. Some students walked around with the American Flag draped around them all day. Seniors took this opportunity to hold their gender swap day. Day four was throwback Thursday. Each grade level represented different decades. Some seniors dress as the year 2000’s while others took senior day seriously and dressed as senior citizens or an older version of themselves for the day.  Junior wore clothing from the  1990’s, Sophomores dressed from the 1980’s, and Freshman dressed in the 1970’s. Finally day five  of spirit week was black and gold day. A day that usually shows to be the most popular day of spirit week. Students showed their Panther Pride in support of the homecoming football game and activities. Continuing on with spirit week, a parade will be held through town where clubs and athletics will be represented, as well as class council floats. Students who will appear on court will ride through town, dressed up in a car. The parade begins at 4:30 pm and will conclude at the high school just hours before the start of the homecoming game. 

Kayla Doctor